4.30.2015

Choco Chip Hips

Two more chapters to go and I'm done! Then another wave of work begins--having it beta read, revising, sucking it up and showing the story to a no-holds-barred editor, formatting it into an e-book, etc. But hey, I'm not complaining. It's a privilege to be able to write what I want. I hope that eventually, I will earn from it, but for now, I do this.

Title: Choco Chip Hips
Genre: Young Adult
Synopsis: Sixteen-year-old Jessie has everything going against her. She is shy, overweight, and worries too much about what people think. But one summer, a family emergency makes her realize that life is too short to live it on autopilot. Taking her life by the reins, she embarks on a summer-long journey that involves cake, sweat, being friends with a guy she had been secretly crushing on, and lots of awesome street dancing.


You can read the first 18 parts here. :-) Apologies for the rawness. I still have a LOT of fixing up to do.

Sidenote: I didn't plan for this novella to be this long. I originally aimed for 15 chapters, tops. But stories have a way of unfolding at their own pace so I had to respect this particular novella's rhythm. We'll see after it goes through the editing stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment