7.19.2015

Feel-Good Flashback

The Boyfriend Backtrack by Dawn Lanuza

I've been hearing good stuff about this local indie book that I immediately added it to my Kindle. And I'm glad I did. 

The Boyfriend Backtrack was nicely written, even though the story-telling wasn't linear. It involved a series of flashbacks involving the main character and her past brushes with romance. The technique wasn't at all confusing; in fact, it shed light on the character's present dilemma: should she go ahead and marry because she was at the right age? Because her steady boyfriend asked her to? Because it was the next logical step in their relationship?

I loved how the author executed the dialogues. They read so naturally, like I was watching a good rom-com with a little more depth. Another thing I liked about this book was that a love interest's song for the main character was Here comes your Man by the Pixies. Wow, now that's a major flashback. And a really cool one too.

Buy it on Amazon or Smashwords.

No comments:

Post a Comment